Thursday, November 01, 2007

Bye bye North...Helloooo South




A view looking somewhat towards the South Island. I barely nabbed a campsite in a grove of trees near the beach.



Cruising into the South island via the Troy Channel was epic, especially after the hussle and bustle of Wellington, the capitol city. On the prow of the Interislander winds would jar and throw people about, similar to a bumpy ride in a car. It was cold, but well worth the front and center view of the Marlborough Sound.



I made plans for a micro tour around the Marlborough wine country. Vineyard after vineyard, I eventually stopped for lunch at Wairau River estate and splurged for a steak burger. Delicious.



Kiwi birds. Wacky little creatures with no wings. These curious little things were scurrying around my camp, and as you might notice they had no fear of me or my camera. I was awakened periodically by their pecking at my gear. I tossed sand at them in response.

In a couple hours I will leave on a mailboat to the Radon's aquafarm on an island in the Marlborough Sounds. This should be an interesting experience, for there are no roads, and supplies are delivered via barges.

Coming up...Molesworth Station Ride..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

keep up the insanity bland. good to hear and see that you're doin well.

-cousin william