Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dr. Melva Martin and her farm



After pedaling through torrential wind and rain storms, akin to stopping ole Lance in his tracks, I made my way along the coast to Waitara for lunch. Coincidentally, this was also the hometown of Dr. Melva Martin, whom I had arranged my next stay with- all things bueno!



Melva is full of determination and spirit, founding and developing New Zealand's first Natropathic College. While this served her well, Melva is moving on to pursue farming blueberries, fejoas, cultivating native trees and constructing a retreat center. Once all the business is done, she will live a 'crusie' lifestyle, which is admirable.



Initial plans were concieved to construct a chook house from tires, building on my previous expereince at the Earthship. However, this plan has developed into a meditation seating area, poised next to the creek and amongst a native tree grove.

Coming up...the finished product!

5 comments:

Padgett Hoke said...

That makes me so happy seeing you with your get up and all! I hope your having a fabulous time, which i'm sure you are! Your down under terms make me happy, it reminds me of all the commercials we watched featuring 'chooks' ohh good times. Anywho keep postin' cause it keeps me entertained! love you!
P

Padgett Hoke said...

That makes me so happy seeing you with your get up and all! I hope your having a fabulous time, which i'm sure you are! Your down under terms make me happy, it reminds me of all the commercials we watched featuring 'chooks' ohh good times. Anywho keep postin' cause it keeps me entertained! love you!
P

Anonymous said...

love that your travels are commencing as planned. we're in lj and p and e are arriving tomorrow as well as your mom and dad. miss seeing your smiling face as well but i know you're smiling in nz!

Unknown said...

Hello.... B!!
We just left mom and dad in Cali... and there are so many fires going on in California... they evacuated Rancho Sante Fe... kind of scary but they believe it won't effect where we are!! But we were sittling in the hot tub on Sunday and it was raining ash on us... and it was so smokey... crazy!!!
So where are you now and have the winds calmed down I hope!!
Just wanted to say HI and keep posting cause its funny!!!
love love Liz

Unknown said...

Hi
I've just picked up your site - which I hadn't seen before! I'm (Melva) in the far North now with a much smaller 'farm' if you visit again... do come!
My lastest is as an internet entrepreneur... check this one out: This is an incredible opportunity https://www.imglobal.me/16481