Friday, September 21, 2007

The secret of the pine cone

The end of the summer is wrapping up. Bursts of color are erupting over the mountains as trees, shrubs and other foliage battles the cold nights. I have been learning the secret of the pine cone, and this plant matter will not change, ever.



At Custom Iron Design I have learned a tremendous amount of knowledge pertaining to random skills for metal working, similar to the random things learned through life. To much philosophy dumbs down the act of creation. I made pine cones, and lots of them for a pool table chandelier.



Additionally, the last artSPOT artwork was installed, capping off the project for my part, however it may continue... I was allowed to demolish and remove the Chevron'ness of the sign, and it was immediatly transformed into a sculpture zone.
Think of the possibility of a public art gallery, exhibiting fine art and design for everyone to enjoy. Utopian dreams, but maybe a reality someday.

1 comment:

SSWS said...

Bland, it's your cousin Sarah...I am fascinated by your blog and the wonderful art you create! Will you include a photo of the chandelier when complete? Thanks for the interesting posts....